Marketing Advisor Update

Sales and marketing tips, insights and advice for service businesses amd companies selling complex or technical products.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Top tips for marketing on the radio

Recently I was featured in an article in Australian Broker magazine discussing using radio as part of your marketing campaign. I didn't really agree with the CEO of Commercial Radio Australia. She says it should be "an essential part of any advertising mix".

In this article I explain when radio advertising can be helpful, and why you shouldn't do it. As I say in the article, one of my main points is:

"Generally speaking, radio isn't effective at building trust for financial services, so I wouldn't usually recommend it being part of a mortgage broker's marketing program," he says. That said, he does concede that it may be the right medium for certain brokers; if they can deliver the right message. "If the audience mix is right, the coverage is right and the price is affordable, then maybe radio advertising should be considered as a possible marketing tactic," says Ayling.

See if you agree!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home