Marketing Advisor Update

Sales and marketing tips, insights and advice for service businesses amd companies selling complex or technical products.

Friday, April 02, 2010

The 24-7-30 follow-up approach

Here's a great tip on how to stay in touch with people you meet at networking events. From Andy Lopata in the UK...

I'm often asked about how to follow up contacts you meet at a networking event.

One of the most popular processes I share was outlined by a delegate on one of my workshops a few years ago. The 24-7-30 approach is based on the principle that interacting with someone three times in the month after meeting them cements your relationships.

The approach dictates that you follow up with someone 24 hours after an event, 7 days later and again after 30 days.

Although I don't practice this as a matter of course, if I look back at the people who have become an integral part of my network after meeting at events, this pattern definitely applies. It may be an email, phone call and meeting. Or email, meeting and follow up. But those three touches in a month are certainly present.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home